Friday 3 October 2008

Excellent Ads by public sector bank - but for what?

I have been watch television off late, to keep a check on financial market. In last few weeks I observed some astonising trend. Many public sector banks in India have come up with amazing advt. To be fair, I have never seen such emotional and appealing advt. even by any private sector banks.
But for what? Why are these banks advertising? I am not able to answer these questions. Do they think they will get any new customer by these advt? If they think so, they are foolish. Well I have not experienced the services of any of these banks for last few months, but I cannot accept that they have improved their service to such a level that they are willing to offer a customer a tea and accept deposit if he is a bit late. Its time to do some reality check. Just by putting such advt. does not automatically changes the operations, and I am sure they also know this.
The only conclusion I can make is, something is cooking as we say 'daal mein kuch kala hai OR puri daal hi kaali hai'. Someone is raking moolahs in this deal, not a bad idea.
For those who wish to have a look at the advt., they are available on youtube.

No comments: